Planning and Noise
Almost all of the building projects we have acted as acoustic consultants for, have been through a rigorous planning process. This is because the majority of our projects are at a higher level, are of higher scale and have an above average level of complexity; which is normally what necessitates our involvement in the first place! Hence, Allegro Acoustics has built a solid track record in successfully navigated multiple project types through the planning process in respect of noise. This includes new build projects, renovation of protected structures, large scale industrial and infrastructure projects. Allegro Acoustics provides the following services relative to Planning:
- Acoustic design and report compilation to demonstrate compliance with key planning guideline documents in respect of noise to typically include BS4142 Methods for rating and assessing industrial and commercial sound (2014), EPA Guidance Note for Noise (NG4, 2016) and NRA Good practice for the Treatment of Noise during the Planning of National Road Schemes (2014).
- Noise and vibration impact assessment, and the noise and vibration chapter in the Planning Application for all major development types to include industrial, commercial, residential, schools, road, rail and power generation.
- Oral Hearing and Expert Witness at court or in the public hearing setting.
- Response to noise based Requests for Further Information from Planning Authorities countrywide.
- Noise Impact Assessment for Power Generation and Energy facilities including Wind farm noise and shadow flicker assessment using WindPRO modelling software.
- 3D Environmental noise modelling including noise mitigation design development using SoundPLAN environmental noise modelling software (ISO 9613).